Friday, June 7, 2013

I am a drummer

I play the drums. I'm a drummer. I'm not a guitarist.

I love rhythm and I love the sound of a nice fat snare.

However, I also happen to love the sound of good guitar tone. In the past, I've asked guitarist friends to play guitar while I tweaked their amps.

After college, it was a lot harder to find people to play guitar for me so I decided to record my own dry signals for tweaking.

Anyway, I'm a confused drummer. I know I'm a drummer, but my summer project is to build a new guitar (which is something guitarists would do, but I'm not a guitarist). I own a Washburn and a Schecter but I've always been drawn to Stratocasters. I'm going to attempt to build a Strat this summer.

That's because every off-the-shelf Strat out there doesn't have the specifics of what I want. I'd end up paying a ton of money to modify a stock instrument to the spec that I'd like.

Wish me luck on my Stratocaster "partscaster" build.

No comments:

Post a Comment